Enjoy the Journey to a Beautiful Smile
Our friendly and experienced team provides exceptional orthodontic care…every step of the way.
Orthodontics in Poway, CA
Orthodontic treatment has been used for decades to help perfect and correct patients’ smiles. At Midland Orthodontics, we understand how a straight and well-aligned smile can impact self-image and overall health. That’s why we provide comprehensive orthodontic treatment in Poway, CA, to help you get an amazing smile you are proud to show off.
What is Orthodontic Treatment?
Orthodontic treatment is a branch of dentistry that focuses on diagnosing, preventing, intercepting, and correcting bad bites or dental irregularities. An orthodontist uses fixed and removable dental devices, like braces, retainers, and bands, to change the position of teeth in the mouth and improve your bite.
- Invisalign® Clear Aligners
- Spark Clear Aligners
What Can Orthodontics Treat?
Orthodontics can treat several conditions, including:
- Overcrowding: One of the most common problems orthodontic treatment can fix is overcrowded teeth. Such overcrowding is usually because of a lack of ample room for the teeth in the mouth due to genetics and dental injury, which causes your teeth to twist and become misaligned. Braces can help fix overcrowded teeth by pushing teeth into a more aligned position.
- Spacing: This is when there are uneven gaps between teeth. Spacing can cause gum problems, difficulty chewing, or other uncomfortable complications. Luckily, braces are an extremely effective option for treating spacing issues and can produce quick results in adults and adolescents alike.
- Misaligned Jaw: A misaligned jaw is often due to an uneven bite. Over time, this misalignment can cause TMJ issues, resulting in facial pain and other complications. Orthodontic treatment helps to straighten and align your teeth, putting your jaw into its correct position, effectively eliminating any TMJ issues.
- Overbite: An overbite is the protrusion of the upper teeth or even the jaw over the lower row of teeth. Overbites can cause difficulty fully opening or closing the mouth, discomfort while eating, jaw pain, and speech challenges. Orthodontic treatment can correct this problem by moving your teeth into their correct alignment.
- Underbites: An underbite is a dental condition where your lower teeth extend farther than your upper teeth. Usually, it results from a misalignment of the jaw and can cause several oral health issues such as sleep apnea, mouth breathing, TMJ issues, and halitosis. Braces can help straighten your teeth and realign your jaw.
- Open Bites: This occurs when the jaw and teeth do not meet properly, making it challenging to chew or create an abundance of force and can even have the potential to damage other teeth. An open bite can easily be fixed with braces and common orthodontic devices.
- Periodontal Problems: When teeth are severely misaligned, it can be difficult for you to brush them properly, which can cause problems with the gums, resulting in gingivitis and gum disease. Braces can help put your teeth into a straighter and more aligned position, which can help keep your mouth healthy and clean.
While orthodontic treatment can effectively fix most, if not all, orthodontic problems, traditional braces alone cannot fix a severely misaligned jaw. In this case, you may need a combination of orthodontics and corrective jaw surgery to successfully align the jaws and teeth.
Orthodontic Treatment Benefits
Because your smile is the first thing people notice about you, an overcrowded, gapped, misaligned smile can affect your self-confidence and esteem. By aligning your teeth and giving you a beautiful straight smile, orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence and overall self-esteem.
Orthodontic treatment can also improve your oral health. Misaligned and crowded teeth are hard to clean, which increases the chances of plaque accumulation that could lead to tooth decay. Crowding can lead to decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health complications. You can maintain proper oral hygiene by brushing and flossing your teeth with a straight, aligned smile.
Orthodontic Treatment Cost
The cost of orthodontic treatment varies depending on several factors, such as the type of orthodontics and the severity of your teeth’s condition, but you can expect to pay around $5,000. Fortunately, you don’t have to pay the total treatment price, as many dental insurance plans pay for a portion of the treatment cost.
At Midland Orthodontics, we believe finances shouldn’t stand in the way between you and the smile you’ve always dreamed of! We offer flexible financing options and accept dental insurances and flexible spending accounts (FSAs), and health savings accounts (HSAs) so that you can invest in your smile journey with any budget.
Orthodontic Care in Poway, CA
Orthodontics does more than boost self-confidence-it can also improve your oral and overall health. At Midland Orthodontics, Dr. Yoo’s specialized education, experience, and skills make us highly qualified for properly diagnosing orthodontic concerns, recommending the most effective orthodontic treatment, and developing an individualized treatment plan that gives you the smile transformation you need and deserve. Contact us today to schedule an appointment at our Poway, CA, practice!